1. IN ESSENTIAL BELIEFS, WE HAVE UNITY.
“4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.” Ephesians 4:4-6
2. IN NONESSENTIAL BELIEFS, WE HAVE LIBERTY.
“Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things…Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls…Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls…Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God.” Romans 14:1, 4, 12, 22
3. IN ALL OUR BELIEFS, WE SHOW LOVE.
“…Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.” 1 Corinthians 13:2
THREE ESSENTIAL BELIEFS
1. THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD.
“All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.”
2 Timothy 3:16
“For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.” 1 Thessalonians 2:13
God’s Word is the only completely reliable and truthful authority, and we accept the Bible as our manual for living. Our first question when faced with a decision is: “What does the Bible say?” We practice daily Bible reading and Bible study. The Bible is the basis for all we believe.
2. JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD.
“Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” John 14:6
“11 This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’ 12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:11-12
Jesus Christ, the second person of the Trinity, lived a sinless life on earth and voluntarily paid for our sin by dying on the cross as our substitute. This accomplished salvation for all who receive grace by trusting in Him alone. He rose from the dead and is the only mediator between God and us. He baptizes believers in the Holy Spirit and will return to earth to fulfill prophecy.
3. YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN.
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.” 2 Corinthians 5:17
“For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.” Matthew 16:25
God created humans to have fellowship with Him, but they defied God by sinfully going their own way. As a result, we need God’s saving grace to end our separation from Him. Salvation comes only through God’s grace – not human effort – and must be received personally by repentance and faith. At the end, everyone will experience bodily resurrection and the judgment. Only believers will enjoy eternal fellowship with God.
FULL STATEMENT OF BELIEFS
1. We Believe… the Bible is God’s Word. It is accurate, authoritative, and applicable to our everyday lives.
2. We Believe… in the one true eternal God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He is totally loving and completely holy.
3. We Believe… sin has separated each of us from God and His purpose for our lives.
4. We Believe… the Lord Jesus Christ as both God and man is the only One who can reconcile us to God. He is the son of God born of a virgin. He lived a sinless life, died on the cross in our place, and rose again to prove His victory and empower us for life.
5. We Believe… in order to receive forgiveness and the ‘new birth,’ we must repent of our sins, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and submit to His will for our lives.
6. We Believe… in order to live the holy and fruitful lives that God intends for us, we need to be baptized in water and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit enables us to receive guidance, use spiritual gifts, and become effective witnesses.
7. We Believe… in the power and significance of the Church, the role each believer plays in fulfilling the Great Commission, and in the necessity of believers to meet regularly together for relationship, development, prayer, and the ‘breaking of bread.’
Scripture Support: Ephesians 1:22-23; Ephesians 2:22; Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:42-47; Hebrews 10:25
8. We Believe… God has individually equipped us so that we can successfully achieve His purpose for our lives, which is to worship God, fulfill our role in the Church, and serve the community in which we live.
9. We Believe… God wants to heal and transform us so that we can live healthy and blessed lives in order to help others more effectively.
10. We Believe… our eternal destination of either Heaven or hell is determined by our response to the Lord Jesus Christ.
11. We Believe… the Lord Jesus Christ is coming back again as He promised.
All Scriptures above are New King James Version.